In terms of plant nutrition, people often mention imported water-soluble fertilizers and trace elements, and pay more attention to the large amounts of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, and trace elements such as zinc, iron, boron, and manganese, but pay less attention to the medium amounts of calcium and magnesium. In fact, the effects of calcium and magnesium on plant growth are also very important.
Calcium deficiency can inhibit the growth of vigorous terminal buds or roots, especially root hairs. In addition, calcium is a component and activator of some enzymes in plants, which has a certain impact on nitrogen and carbohydrate metabolism; Calcium has the function of activating certain organic acids in plants, reducing the toxicity of organic acids to plants; Calcium is also beneficial for promoting the absorption of potassium ions by plants.
Magnesium is a medium nutrient element required for normal growth and development of plants, and is the main mineral element that constitutes chlorophyll. It directly affects photosynthesis and the synthesis of sugar and protein in plants. Its lack will bring irreparable harm to plant growth.
1. The "calcium" and "magnesium" elements can enhance the aeration in the crop body: The amount of calcium and magnesium elements in the crop body increases, strengthening the rigidity of the crop vessel, and promoting the aeration. It is important for aquatic and temperate crops such as rice and reed, and can also promote root growth, prevent root decay and premature aging. It is particularly important for controlling the root rot of rice.
2. "Calcium" and "magnesium" elements can improve the resistance of crops: effectively regulate the opening and closing of leaf stomata, and control water transpiration. Improve the ability of drought resistance, dry and hot wind resistance, and low temperature resistance. Calcium magnesium fertilizer is suitable for early spring crops. Such as early rice, early peanuts, and winter and spring vegetable production.
3. "Calcium" and "magnesium" elements can reduce the fixation of phosphorus in the soil: Applying calcium and magnesium fertilizers to cultivated soil can activate phosphorus in the soil, promote its movement within the crop, and thereby improve the seed setting rate.
4. "Calcium" and "magnesium" elements are essential nutrients for building plants: Test studies have shown that in the ash content of six crops, including rice, wheat, barley, soybean, lentil, and fennel, the oxides of eight nutrients, such as phosphorus, potassium, calcium, and magnesium, account for more than 80% of the ash content, with calcium and magnesium accounting for about half. ".
5. "Calcium" and "magnesium" are health care nutrient fertilizers: Applying calcium and magnesium fertilizers can improve soil acidity, improve soil salt base, promote decomposition of organic fertilizers, and inhibit soil bacteria. If vegetables and fruits are continuously planted for more than two years, the accumulation of mold and bacteria will affect the yield and quality of crops. Applying calcium and magnesium fertilizer can effectively control the survival and propagation of mold and root rot, which is beneficial to crop yield.
6. "Calcium" and "magnesium" are nutrient fertilizers that improve quality: Applying calcium and magnesium fertilizers to fruit trees can significantly improve fruit quality and increase fruit volume. Increased sugar content. It has a sweet and fragrant taste and is beneficial to human health. It is also resistant to storage and transportation. Applying calcium and magnesium fertilizer to sugarcane can increase yield, promote stem sugar accumulation and improve sugar yield in the later stage.
7. "Calcium" and "magnesium" elements are combined multi-element compound fertilizers: calcium magnesium fertilizer also contains a certain amount of trace elements such as phosphorus, zinc, boron, iron, manganese, and has a complex nutritional effect on crops. Suitable for multiple crop applications.
8. "Calcium" and "magnesium" elements can help crops improve photosynthesis: calcium and magnesium fertilizer can make the stems and leaves of crops straight, reduce shading, and enhance leaf photosynthesis. For example, after applying calcium and magnesium fertilizer to rice, the leaf angle decreases and the canopy photosynthesis increases by more than 10%.
9. "Calcium" and "magnesium" elements can enhance the ability of crops to resist pests and diseases: After the crops absorb calcium and magnesium elements, the cell wall of the surface layer of stems and leaves thickens, and the cuticle layer increases, thereby improving the ability to resist pests and diseases, especially rice blast, leaf spot, stem rot, bacterial blight, bacterial wilt, cotton bollworm, rust, and other diseases. ". "Calcium" and "magnesium" elements can improve the ability of crops to resist lodging: making the stems of crops straight, improving the ability to resist lodging by about 80%.
Above, I shared with you the effects of "calcium" and "magnesium" on crops. I hope you don't neglect the application of trace elements when fertilizing.